Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Knock off all that evil!

Now listening to: Air

Well I did make the trek to Danville today to procure City of Heroes. The drive up sucked, as it started to rain about 10 minutes into the trip and didn't stop until after I got to the mall there.

Notable people I saw in Danville: The Chatty Cowboy- a talkative crazy person in a partially purple cowboy hat, apparently chatting doesn't require anyone to talk back for this guy. The Fragrants- a middle aged couple that really really likes nasal stimulation. The man was wearing one of those horrible generic colognes, Old Spice, or Brut or something and the old woman was combatting that with a cheap perfume of her own. It was enough to almost put me off my lunch sitting in Quizno's.

Anyway I made it home and installed COH and played for four solid hours. It would have been longer, but the lag go soo bad that I had to give it a rest. I may go back a little later. My character is a 5th level tanker with stone-based powers. His name is Jotun Heimdall (obviously I'm pulling from Norse mythology) and he's on the Liberty server.

I was considering making a controller, but figured I'd go with a character heavy on the hitpoints to start so I can make mistakes and not die every minute. I may make a controller at some later date.

So far I have to agree with Nick's assessment of the game as Filet Mignon. It's pretty damn sweet. My only problem so far has been the lag and I can't really blame the game for that, I suppose.

No comments: