Saturday, May 15, 2004

I'm tongue-tied and useless again

Now listening to: The Magnetic Fields (I)

I'm tired, I think the scotch I drank earlier is starting to wear me down. A decent day, got up goofed off, watched some Invader Zim (although my DVD is scratched and I'm annoyed with that), went to a softball game that went really quickly and then wrote that story. I then headed to Trip's to dominate the Halo realm. Actually there was no real domination by anyone, we only had three people (Trip, Danny and I) and so the lone wolf invariably won. But it was fun.

After that I came home and fooled around in the iTunes store until I decided to buy The Magnetic Fields new album, which is pretty good. Not many albums that can boast having both a banjo and a harpsicord on them and still be good. iTunes is really dangerous to have, I can download weird stuff at any time and I'm prone to impulse buys. Oh well...I still need to get an iPod so I can enjoy all these MP3s on the go...well that's one excuse to buy one. In reality I'm just a gadget whore, who loves having the newest gear.

Oh tonight we also watched the Daniel Pearl beheading ...which was unpleasant to put it mildly. On one hand I'm horrified that anyone would do that to another human being. It's simply appallling. On the other, if I was in Iraq and felt completely controlled and helpless against a foreign invader mistreating POWs (and they are POWs, whatever euphemism the White House decides to call them) I would probably consider resorting to those tactics as well.

No comments: