Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Everything's gonna be cool this Christmas

Currently listening to: Eels (The Electro-Shock Blues show-live)

Just got off of work and damn glad to be home. Work wasn't too bad, just kind of dull. (I should learn to appreciate these moments, they are becoming more rare.)

Anyway, on the way home I was listening to the Eels (and still am now) and the song everything is gonna be cool this christmas made me smile. Funny how the Eels can make you laugh one minute and cry another. My plan to sit outside and read was foiled by Netflix. I ended up watching "Y tu mama tambien" It had a sexual tone that permeated the film...my that does sound pretentious.

In spite of Netflix's interference I did manage to finish the Salvatore book I was reading at dinner. So, of course, now I'm moving on to the next in the series. I read four more and I'm caught up. I also have to work this book I bought the other day in, "Running with scissors" I heard a review of it on NPR I think, or maybe read an interview with the author on Salon, can't remember. I have high hopes.

My plan is to get up and go to the gym and try to get back on the workout tip tomorrow. We'll see if my resolve holds.

No comments: