Friday, November 21, 2003

Standing on my neck

Now: eating a strawberry pop tart

I just watched the Daria movie "Is it college yet" man I love Daria. I think the fascination is derived from the fact that Daria and I are a lot alike. Misanthropic, antisocial, annoyed by the behaviour of people, with a strong disenchantment with a world set up for the lowest common denominator. All these things I can relate to, hence she may be my ideal woman. Well a real non-cartoon version of here. So watching any Daria episode is like a sweet balm that takes away the suffering of everyday life, if only for a moment.

Note to all government officials emboldened by the Patriot Act: I am in no way a nazi or in anyway antisemitic or endorse anything having to do with Hitler's regime (aside from the word blitzkreig because it is fun to say and led to a kickass Ramones song Luftwaffe is also fun to say). I say this in clear language because this weekend I will be getting Leni Reifenstahl's Triumph of the Will in the mail via Netflix. I've heard it's really a well done film and I'm not sure Leni deserved all the hell she caught because she worked for the Nazi propaganda machine. In my mind it was merely a question of an artist struggling to survive. Of course I'm not very well versed in the story so I could be offbase, but that's certainly the impression I get.

Listening to the Eels again, as I never seem to get tired of them. They fit into every mood somehow.

No comments: