Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Rocking the vote

Currently listening to: Radiohead (Amnesiac)

So today was election day here in my little burg. Normally I try and ignore the local elections as I feel that most of the time they don't affect me a whole helluva lot. But this time round I was forced to go out and vote against some of the raving morons that were running. I'm not kidding, I wouldn't allow this type of slack-jawed imbecile to clean my toliet, much less run the school board. So I had ot vote against them. I didn't really know the platform of their competitors, but when confronted with a worst-case scenario, you go the other way regardless of what it is.

Fortunately, none of those idiots got elected, admittedly I didn't like the result of a few of the local races, but it could have been much worse.

Of course, working at a newpaper on election night meant that I had to work late waiting for everything to get in. As the sports world was pretty quiet, this meant that I had to sit around for about two hours after finishing my pages and do nothing. Quite exciting.

Now I am pretty tired. I think I'm gonna go and read until I collapse. Nighty-night.

No comments: