Sunday, November 02, 2003

Stop....continue

Currently listening to: Jane's Addiction (Strays)
Currently reading: R.A. Salvatore (The Spine of the World)

Well, I've spent around an hour fiddling with this whole blog thing and hope I have started to figure out how I want things to go. After reading a couple of other blogs, I've decided to never say "Nothing much to talk about today." I find myself emailing that to friends and it's just pathetic. Who wants to read that? Noone. So if I don't have anything to say, I won't post and save everybody some time.

Today has been relatively uneventful, went to see Scary Movie 3...ummm the less said about it the better. Part of me always regrets seeing that type of movie, I go into it knowing it's going to be bad but see it nonetheless. I suppose it's a simple desire to be in the know and also have something to do socially.

I recently read the book "Middlesex" by Jeffrey Eugenides, it was excellent. The story of a hermaphrodite raised as a girl and then determined to be male at age 15. It was really more of that, going into the history of it's greek family and the move from the old country to America. I can't say enough about this book, it was really well written and interesting. I didn't care for Eugenides' first novel "the Virgin Suicides" it was more depressing and just didn't strike the same chord with me.

No comments: