Friday, August 13, 2004

Bad in spite of Vic Tayback

Now listening to: Mission of Burma

A highly unnoteworthy day. Nothing really exciting happened, not that exciting things really are a normal part of my life. Still today was abnormally bland. I got up and for some reason I started thinking about specific instances of how people have let me down over the course of my life. This is not a good way to start the day, I can tell you. You just feel frustrated and annoyed...which how I usually wake up anyway, but this was different.

After I finally stopped brooding and got out of bed I played a little Madden, then got myself together to turn in an application at the library and meet Trip for dinner at China Buffet. Woo.

After that we went back to his pad and watched Bullitt...which was a complete bore-a-thon. I kept waiting for action and it never came. Sure there was a car chase, one that I have heard about for years, but it was a total let down. I'd say Mudbutt.

After that I got bored as Trip insisted we watch Big Brother 5...we had a power struggle as I nabbed the remote and was trying to watch football, but he was bound to win as it was his house. So I ended up just coming home and hitting the Madden again (losing to the goddamned Ravens...I hate them soo much). After that I turned it off knowing that my frustration level was too high to continue.

I ended up watching shite on TV for the rest of the evening...I have got to stop doing that. TV saps my wits. I'm now going to start rereading Catch-22 because I remember it making me laugh and I want to read the sequel, which I've had for a while now.

Oh I finished Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim and it was exquisite. It reaches the Filet Mignon and perhaps beyond...only time will tell.

No comments: