Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Turning rebellion into money

Now listening to: Modest Mouse

I got a lot done today, relatively speaking of course. I took care of most of my bills, applied for a coupla jobs and goofed off substantially. It's nice to have actually done something for a change. Plus with all my job stuff taken care of I can relax for the rest of the week. I know that sounds silly, but when I'm worried about getting the applications and resumes in, I worry about it pretty much nonstop.

I'm either getting a cold or my allergies are kicking in, it has happened this time of year before so it's probably the latter. I'm also having trouble falling asleep at night...well in the mornings. I lay down and can't seem to nod off. I keep thinking about stupid crap, like how pissed off I am that the Bulletin fired me. You think I'd be over it two months later, but no I'm not. I probably will be thinking about it until I find a new job that doesn't completely suck.

I watched a little football and some poker reruns tonight, while at Trip's. We also played some Test Drive and Capcom vs. SNK2. I now suck at Test Drive and Trip sucks at CvsSNK (actually he hates 2D fighters) so it was even on the night.

I listened to The Clash's (White Man) in Hammersmith Palais like 12 times today. That song is really amazing. I'm not really sure what the lyrics are most of the time, but it's so well put together and the lyrics I can here seem interesting and relevant almost 30 years after the song was written. The anthemic wailing in the background, the rythym and Joe Strummer's voice. The whole song is a work of perfection. If you've never heard it, I recommend you find it and give it a listen. It's one of the songs that reaches the pinnacle of what punk can do.

Not sure how I'm gonna waste the rest of the evening. I'm bored with the net and don't want to watch a movie. I may try to read or perhaps take some NyQuil and try to crash.

No comments: