Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Who's that pretty girl in the mirror there?

So I was tooling about the cheapass forums when I hit a link to this site. It's freaking hysterical. (I'm overusing the word hysterical..I need to consult a thesaurus). There is one segment where the guy talks about preparing for his golden years. His plan is to start using heroin on his 70th birthday. What a great idea. You may ruin your life, but it's the end of your life so it's not as big a deal. I think it's a good plan.

I read into the wee hours this morning and am about halfway through The Bourne Identity. I tell you the world has changed a lot since when this book was published (in 1980). It's almost ludicrous (thanks thesaurus). Of course the difference in geo-political climate makes up for a lot of the differences between the book and the movie. Reading it I realize what a good job the screenwriter did of putting this into modern times.

Last night I watched the first American woman ever win a gold medal in fencing. Woo. I find the sport of fencing kind of interesting, although I wouldn't say it's really a spectator sport. The Olympics are an odd thing. I mean i don't care about gymnastics or diving, but I like the fact that the Olympics give those people a goal. I'm all for supporting minor sports. That's why I think we should shitcan the major sports in the Olympics. Get rid of the basketball, baseball and soccer. Cut out tennis and all those events that get televised anyway. Bring on the wrestling and judo. Celebrate the rowing and swimming and give the little known guys a chance. Of course the ratings will plummet, but so what.

2 comments:

Mariazinha said...

:)
Hello!!!

eric said...

hello right back at you