Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Batting 300

Now listening to: The Clash (London Calling)

Well this is post number 300 for Incoherent Rambling and I feel special. In honor of the event I decided to go for a new look. It's a little more upscale I think and meshes well with my other blog, Goal Line Stand. So hooray for my ability to stick with something, even as inconsequential as this blog. There are still some color issues I may have to sort out, but I think it looks pretty good.

I slacked off today and didn't make it to the gym. Instead I went to Danville with Trip and ate at Red Lobster. Not the best decision making I have to admit. But we had a pretty good time and some nice conversation on the way home. Trip has this thing where he assures me that I don't like anything. I'm more inclined to think I like too many things, but he assures me I'm hypercritical.

After returning from our crab feast I came home and watched the World Series of Poker on ESPN. It was cool watching Doyle Brunson (Texas Dolly) win some nice hands and make some impressive moves. He's one of the greats and seems to be a truly likeable fellow from all I've read.

After poker I watched John Kerry on The Daily Show and that was interesting. It wasn't as smooth an interview as I would have hoped but it was ok. Some decent moments. People keep telling me that Kerry isn't the best man for the job of president and I dunno he seems pretty qualified to me. I'm really not sure of who else the Dems could have fielded that would have been better. But whatever, he's not Bush and that's my main criteria. He also seems to be willing to listen to reason, a quality Bush is sorely lacking.

I really should get back to writing tonight as I banged out another short chapter last night. I may just sit around and sip some scotch and read The Bourne Supremacy tho. We'll see.

No comments: