Monday, August 02, 2004

Don't know when to quit

Now listening to: ambient webradio and then some classical webradio

What a completely uneventful day. I wasn't feeling social so I stayed in all day and did not a fucking thing. I watched Zorro on TBS...need I say more? For some reason I couldn't pry my ass off the couch until after 1 a.m.

I then moved to my computer chair and started reading some stuff on the internet and decided to play some poker. I started with a $6 sit and go tournament, which I caught few cards. The ones I did catch turned crappy when people who shouldn't have still been in the hand caught a miracle on fifth street. This same person did it to me twice once with a miracle runner-runner flush and again with a runner-runner straight. I kid you not...it was brutal and I went out in seventh place.

I decided to hit the cash tables and win my $6 back. And I did so. In fact I was so intent on winning my $6 back that instead of cashing out up $25 I played until I was back down to $6 up. Which sucked. I have a tendency to do that. I win a lot at the beginning and then loosen up. It's other people's money right...and so I give it right back. I've got to either just quit while I'm ahead or learn how to keep playing the tight game. I also think that the longer I play the fewer fish there are at PartyPoker. It's only the dedicated who come stay out unto 3 a.m. At least I broke even I suppose.

I have to find something entertaining to do tomorrow or I will simply die from boredom. I tried COH today, but it just didn't draw me in. I tried ESPN football, but it's also not doing it for me. I need something new and there isn't a lot of good stuff to chose from...not for a while at least.

No comments: