Monday, August 23, 2004

Striving only leads to failure

Now watching: Sex in the City, Season 2

This show annoys me. In one episode the lead (Sarah Jessica Parker) ruminates on whether she's actually lived life at all. I'd like to point out that if her character hasn't lived life, then I have never left the womb. It's all depressing. Of course I shouldn't be comparing my life to rich, beautiful female Manhattanites. The lesson i should take from it is that no matter what you do, life isn't perfect. Of course my natural tendency is to think that if they aren't happy, why should I try at all?

This blog has taken a definite turn for the depressive of late, but I can't help it. I've ceased to really interact with most people outside of my close circle of friends and am being left to my own devices...that always leads to depression. I need to get out of the house more. Maybe I should cancel Netflix and join a gym. Of course then I wouldn't have Netflix and I don't know if I can survive without it.

I'm gonna try and watch the Monday Night Football game and perhaps update my languishing football blog.

No comments: