Friday, August 06, 2004

We don't always want what's right

Now listening to: an odd selection of interesting songs I've procured recently, titled Nanners

Watched Bubba Ho-Tep tonight with Trip and that was cool. It was undoubtedly one of the oddest stories I've ever seen, but in a good way. It was ostensibly about an elderly Elvis living out his days in an old folks home when he and a man (a black man) who thinks he's JFK get together to help kill a mummy (Bubba Ho-Tep) that is killing the residents of their rest home. It's basically about how as a society we throw away the elderly and just wait for them to die. But instead of just being the standard drama, it put the topic in a bizarre low budget horror movie format starring the King himself, Bruce Campbell. The movie itself I'd rate as a foot massage, but the concept is headcavingly orgasmic to me.

Tried the new restaurant in town that took over the space that was Shoney's. The food reminded me of Shoney's, which isn't really that great. While Trip and I were dining, a group of mentally disabled adults came in to eat. I was appalled by how so many people feel like they have to stare at them. It really annoyed me. I'm not really that good at handling the situation myself, but oggling them isn't the way to go. They're just trying to eat...give em a break.

I think I am gonna give up COH. I really just can't get into lately. I tried to play tonight, but got bored quick. It's getting too repetitive. It's kinda discouraged me from World of Warcraft a little ...I dunno. MMORPGs may just be too much for me. I was totally into for a couple of months, then I just got over it. Really that's how I am with most video games (the exception being Halo multiplayer).

No comments: