Monday, August 16, 2004

No pun intended

Now listening to: The Hives

Well I have successfully done nothing today. I wasn't feeling that great to start off and kind of let that dictate the rest of the day. I did talk ot my brother which is always cool. He seems to be in a really good situation right now. I babbled on about how cool Madden was and tried to talk him into getting an XBox and playing online so we could chat that way. He seemed to like the idea, but honestly I doubt it happens. Too many obstacles.

I then watched Gigantic (which I already mentioned) and then just completely vegged in front of the TV. Corb and Trip wanted me to come out and hang, but I didn't wanna move. I later regretted that idea as Sunday TV is simply awful without football. I did get to watch the new Aqua Teen episode with the Mooninites and that was excellent. I also watched the champions poker event on Fox Sports. That was decent. Other than that TV was a desolate wasteland that I couldn't escape.

Another note, Captain Ron, with Martin Short and Kurt Russell, needs never be shown again in any format. I'm not a fan and it has to end. I'm ranking it mudbutt, plain and simple.

I am Jack's wasted life.

Speaking of wasting my life, on the internet I've noticed it's difficult to find really good editorial content on video games. Actually this is kinda true for most things, but video games in particular. Take for example Gamespot, the premier gaming site on the web. It's reviews are pretty much spot on (sorry) but it's editorials usually bore me. Occasionally one of the writers will come up with something, but mostly it's bland.

Trust me I know how hard it is to come up with interesting topics for columns on the regular, but come on, video games are a pretty broad field. Especially when you consider the ability to tie them into other things related to games and nerdity in general. I'd like to take this moment to offer my services to any paying game website right now. I'd write a weekly gaming column full of quirk and pizazz. Anyway I'm getting off this topic before I bore anyone else away, because I'm starting to bore myself and that's not a good sign.

No comments: