Thursday, August 12, 2004

Is the space pope reptilian?

Now listening to: Starflyer 59 (Leave Here a Stranger)

Another day spent wallowing in my laziness. I'm really starting to enjoy them more every day. I played some of the new Madden, losing a close game online to a jackhole. Read more about it at Goal Line Stand, or don't.

I then spent the afternoon halfwatching television and reading David Sedaris' new book. It's freakin' hysterical. I watched a lot of football programming really. NFL Live and whatnot. I'm just am really stoked for football season.

After a while I decided to watch some more Six Feet Under as I have two full DVDs of the show being the blood clot that caused my Netflix account to have a stroke. Was that too far to go for a reference...probably. Anyway I ended up watching three episodes that carried me on a roller coaster ride of emotions. Normally this is a good thing, but I have to say the whole depression thing is wearing thin. I got tons of depressing stuff in real life...right now I need movies with fart jokes more than real human emotion. Is that shallow?

Oh and I received some feedback from Corb about a short story I'm working on. Both he and Trip have responded with thumbs up...which is pretty cool. The problem with that is I'm so neurotic I wonder if they mean they like it or if they mean that I'm their friend and they have to like it. I trust their judgement and if they had of said it sucked I would have believed them...depending on their tone, but I'm not good at positive responses, I tend to distrust when people say nice things to me. Writing that makes me realize that I am an emotional basketcase. Which isn't really what you'd call breaking news I suppose.

Anyway I'm gonna work through it one more time and then try to get it published. Does Microsoft Word save in the doc format? Anyone know? Leave a comment you selfish bastards. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeesh! Quit begging for comments. It's really pathetic.

I guess Word saves in a .doc file but what do I know about that Micro$oft piece of crap.