Friday, August 06, 2004

Like poker, except without the money

Now listening to: The Magnetic Fields (i)

So after killing some time surfing the net, I got bored and decided to play a couple of poker tournaments for play money. This takes all the pressure off (for obvious reasons) and I can just kinda see what works. Of course there are some morons who play stupid, but it's still a useful tool. I ended up playing like four tournaments. Two Omaha and two no-limit hold 'em. I won two, one omaha and one hold 'em.

It's just such a step up when you play for real cash. I mean it's not even comparable. I can outplay most of the play money guys without really thinking about it. For real money, my tourney results as pathetic. I think one thing is I play a lot tighter and fold more when I should hold on and try to suck out on someone.

Anyway I have decided that I do like Omaha, even tho I know a lot less about the implied odds of each hand. That's a game where you'd better have a good draw or you're not gonna win. I don't think top pair won a single hand while I played. I'm now officially rambling about god knows what. I'm going to bed.

No comments: