Sunday, August 29, 2004

Down on the upside

Now listening to: Soundgarden

Trip and I jaunted into Greensboro today, to see the movie Hero, which was excellent. The biggest problem I had were the pubescent morons sitting behind me that decided it was conversation time, both in English and Spanish. Nonstop through the whole movie, chatting away. Nothing more fun than that. But yeah if you like martial arts movies at all, see Hero. It's really well done, the visuals are stunning, the story interesting and the fight sequences are exceptionally well done. It's on par with Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, which is a bold statement I know. I'm saying it's Filet Mignon.

While in G-boro, trip and I rolled by the PetSmart so I could congratulate Nick and Abby on the impending new addition to their family. However the Petsmart near that was closest to their apartment was the wrong one apparently. Alas, we missed them. Still congratulations and best wishes.

We returned home and played Trip's new game, Test Drive: Eve of Destruction, which isn't a bad game. It has a certain hillbilly racing charm, but it's not a game that I need to play a lot. It was nice to win the trailer race tho, I have to say that. I also enjoyed giving the victory lane speech to Trip in my NASCAR voice. Nothing like shit-talking to make my day.

I'm not off to watch the final few episodes of the second season of Sex in the City.

1 comment:

NickVNC said...

Yeah man we were up at the one off of Wendover, thanks for trying though dude. Thanks for the congrats...