Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Post about 13-year-old girls

Now listening to: The Shins and Sparta and the Hives

So I slept really late today and had an odd dream where I killed some redneck who was trying to rape a 13-year-old. After the murder I was left with a sense of having done the right thing, but also sure that my doom was imminent. It had a very Greek tragedy feel.

After shaking off the haze that came with that little bit of psychosis I met Trip for dinner at Ryan's (always a mistake) and we rented a couple of movies. We watched 13 going on 30. That's right, two adult men watching that movie together with no female persuasion. We both are allegedly heterosexual (although I have my suspicions).

Joking aside it was merely an ok film, nothing special. You take out Jennifer Garner's looks and the movie is a really tired rehash of Big. Of course with her looks you get to admire how cute she is, so there is that. I'd give it a Meh on everything not Ms. Garner and give her a Filet Mignon for being superhot. My rampant sexism is showing again.

We then watched a bunch of shows on The Food Network, it's spice week or heat week or something and all the shows are about spicy food. So we watched a cajun food festival and a show on chili, neither of which I could fully appreciate as I was still half ill from Ryan's.

I should have probably watched Monday Night Football, but with it only being the preseason I can't really get that excited about it. Madden is currently filling in my football needs.

Oh I also read a little segment on blogging grammar that pretty much ripped on my tendency to use the ellipsis too much (...). It kind of annoyed me as I love the ellipsis, I tend to not think in a linear fashion (some call it a short attention span, I call in nonlinear thinking) and the ellipsis lets me go back and forth without actually ending the idea. So screw the grammar nazis out there...

Also the song No Pun Intended by The Hives is really fucking kickass.

No comments: