Sunday, August 08, 2004

Thoroughly Thought Through

Now listening to: Ministry

Spent the day in Greensboro with Corb and Trip. We really didn't do a lot, just wander around some random stores and not really buy anything. I did buy a couple of books that looked good. We had dinner at Macaroni Grill and my Penne Rustica was exquisite. The prosciutto was excellent with it.

As we approached Trip's house, his car decided to fuck with us. We were stopped at a red light and smoke started to pour from all sides of us. It was a veritable smog rolling out from under Trip's Tracker. Fortunately we were about a quarter mile from Trip's and so we made it home fine. Hopefully nothing is too fucked up with his car, but in retrospect the idea of us three sitting in his car with a Cheech and Chong-like fog surrounding us is friggin hysterical.

After a couple rounds of Halo, we left for the homestead. I ended up watching the Bourne Identity, which was pretty kickass. It was a more cerebral spy tale...a lot better than I expected (foot massage bordering on Filet Mignon). I may try to catch the sequal with Trip tomorrow. I also may get some Ludlum novels from the library next week.

Last night I stayed up until 7 a.m. reading Stephan Fry's Revenge, which was really awesome. It's a retelling of The Count of Monte Cristo. I'd say it ranks in the Filet Mignon category. I picked up his first book tonight.

No comments: