Monday, August 09, 2004

Meat sweats

Now listening to: The Killers

A pretty slack day, went to see the Bourne Supremacy. It was pretty good, not quite as good as the Identity I'd say. Probably just crept into foot massage territory. After that Trip and I returned to his pad for some coop Halo. It's sad, but I've never finished the single player game. It always ends up giving me a headache and today's coop session was no exception. I had to give up after a coupla levels.

So we ended up getting some ice cream and watching several Simpsons episodes. Not bad. I then came home and watched some Adult Swim and some Old School Sportscenter. I think ESPN is realizing that their new guys just don't have the charisma of the guys from the past. I mean Dan Patrick is the man, without a doubt.

Nick invited me to play poker tonight, but I just didn't feel like making the drive. Sorry Nick, I'm a slackass.

Last night I managed to work some more on a short story I'm gonna submit to Punk Planet. I also started writing another short story that is more nonfiction than anything else. I'm trying to not waste all my time off with bullshit. If I could get a nice foot hold on writing something not for a sports page I'd be doing myself a service. I'm actually enjoying writing once I get started it's just a matter of getting started. Also I'd like to do something that is more separate from my real life, but no really good ideas are coming to me. I considered a poker novel...but judging by my recent results online I clearly don't know enough about it.

No comments: