Tuesday, August 03, 2004

One thin dime won't even shine your shoes

Now listening to: Sparta

After a wasted afternoon, I went over to Trip's for a bit and hung with him. I then made the soggy trek to Walmart for provisions and to also seek some new form of entertainment. (I have to shop at the evil empire...there are no other options in these parts.) After shopping around for a while, I found the store to be more trouble than it was worth. I was considering the Hellboy DVD, but it was in the case. Anyone who's ever had to deal with the Walmart electronics people know it is simply not worth it to track them down to open a case. I'll just wait and get it somewhere else. After that I was going to get a six-pack of Mountain Dew. They didn't have them out anywhere I could find them.

The night crew was starting to stack palettes of stuff everywhere and make the place completely unnavigable. So I gave up and went to Blockbuster. There I bought a used copy of Bubba Ho-Tep and School of Rock. I was considering getting a copy of Kill Bill Vol. 1, but since I'm gonna be buying the boxed set when it comes out I decided to wait. I then went to Kroger for some food (they had Mountain Dew, thankfully) and came home.

So what do I do after buying new movies? Watch them...oh hell no. I played poker online for a couple of hours. Things looked bleak early on. I started with $42 and quickly lost my ass. I was down to$17 before my comeback kicked in. I battled all the way back to $43.66. That's right, I made $1.66 after two hours of play, not a great earned value. Still it was nice to get back in the black after losing so much. Initially I figured I was just gonna lose my whole bankroll (dig the poker lingo) and that would be the end of that for a while. Instead I'm almost back to breaking even on the original $50 investment.

My final hand of the night rocked. I limped in under the gun with Q-10 of clubs. The flop comes A-K-10 rainbow. I call the .50 bet hoping for a jack to send me to Broadway. (The ace-10 straight is called Broadway.) It comes on the turn and I slow play it. It checks all the way around and the river is a blank. I bet the river...a guy raises me, I reraise and he caps it. I won about $13 on that hand and moved back into the winner's circle. So I called it a night and am now rambling on about my good fortune.

Anyway I think I'm gonna watch Monster now. Mom checked it out from the library and I've heard it's pretty good.

No comments: