Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Entertainment coming out the yin yang

Now listening to: Soothing classical webradio

Went to Danville today with Danny and he talked me into getting Xbox Live...which is ok I guess. I came home and hooked it up to play some ESPN 2K5. The first game I was doing alright against Philadelphia for a while, trailing by a touchdown, but working my way downfield and scoring. Then his defensive line just crushed me and my offense evaporated. So I took a real beating, but the guy wasn't a douche about it at least.

Then I played Danny and whipped his ass. It was kinda brutal...he must have been distracted because I don't think I've ever beat him at any football game like that. I then took some time off to watch the new WSOP shows. After that I came back for a third game against some guy with the Cowboys and got schooled again. This guy did everything right and my line folded like a cardboard box. I think I'm at a real disadvantage against good defenses.

SO I gave up and decided to give poker a try. I played in a SnG and went out fifth. With A-10 and hte second biggest stack, I lost a ton with aces and kings to A-J...his kicker was one tick higher and it was awful. I had no chance to make a comeback as the blinds were just too high and I went away quick. I played pretty well and if it hadn't of been for that crap I would have been in the money.

I tried the cash games, but got caught at a tough table and couldn't catch any cards. I ended up calling it quits down .75. Now I think I may do some reading or something calm without any competition. Just doesn't seem like I'm gonna do much tonight in the winning department.

If I'm gonna keep playing poker online I need to start reading more guides and consider getting Poker Tracker. I hear that this really helps show you some things you are doing wrong. Even after the last couple of days I feel like I'm playing better. I just have tightened up a lot and am playing my position a lot better. Now I just need to get better tables and get some hands to stick.

I'm also considering that I'm paying for too much entertainment right now. Between paying for COH, Netflix, XBox Live and buying movies books and other games, I am hemorraging money I shouldn't be. I hate to say it but the COH may be the first to go. I was thinking maybe Netflixat first, but COH is becoming boring and repetitive. Monthly fees are such a bitch.

No comments: