Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Damsel of Death

I just finished watching Monster and I have to say it was pretty damn good. Charlize Theron really was amazing as Aileen Wuornos. I see why see got the Oscar. Acturally the whole movie was excellent. Christina Ricci was really good too (nothing new there in my mind).

Even the score was excellent. It was BT and as much as I've liked his work I never expected something like that from him. Much more mellow and involved than some of his more upbeat dance stuff.

I watched the featurettes on the making of the movie and the interview with BT and director Patty Jenkins. The making of was interesting, it showed the depth of how they researched Aileen. The bit about the score was less entertaining as it seemed like BT and Ms. Jenkins simply couldn't stop talkng about how great the other was. It was a mutual handjob. Also they'd go into this technical speak, with lots of "you had to be there to understand" things and I felt like I was at a drama party again.

Anyway see this movie if you haven't. It was worth staying up until almost 6 a.m. to finish.

No comments: