Monday, August 23, 2004

I was wearing eyeliner, she was wearing eyeliner

Now listening to: The Killers

Another wasted day. I spent the day watching various movies. I started with Master and Commander, which was pretty good. This got a lot of recognition during the Oscar's race and it was well done although I'd say the acting was only capable, not exceptional. Of course the setting is fascinating and the director did a good job of making things authentic, I'd rate it a foot massage overall.

After that I roused myself and Trip and I went to see Without a Paddle. I think this movie contained every single outdoor humor/guys hanging out cliche ever written. I mean seriously it was the most transparent story I ever saw. It had a couple of humorous moments, but for the most part utter crap. I want to say Shaq-fu, but I'm gonna go with Meh.

I've perused the classified for jobs, but not much going on there. I'm getting ever closer to just painting up a sign and standing on street corners, although the fat homeless just can't do that well.

I read a cool article on the Pixies in the new Spin magazine. I have to say they are my favorite band of all time. They have everything I want, cool pop songs, gritty guitar, random yelling and wonderfully surreal lyrics. I was listening to Trompe le Monde today (the first Pixies album I ever heard) and it's absolutely fabulous. I challenge you to listen to Alec Eiffel and not enjoy it. If you don't, I will have to kill you of course as you have ceased to be a meaningful individual in my eyes. I'd rate their entire catalogue as headcavingly orgasmic.

No comments: